Good sister! How are you? I hope you are all well. Because this time the administrator will talk about how to configure VLAN in Cisco Packet Tracer. But before that you can read the previous article about Basic Cisco Router and Switch Commands. Okay, without wasting time, let’s get straight to the point, Cekidot!
What is a VLAN?
VLAN is a virtual LAN, which is a LAN that is created virtually on a switch. VLAN is used to split or separate the network to be more efficient. Suppose we want to create a VLAN for office1 and office2, after we create a VLAN for both, the computer that is in office VLAN1 cannot connect to the computer that is in office2 VLAN. Even if they are physically connected and the IPs of the two computers are of the same class, if they are different the VLANs will not be all connected.
Read also: What are VLANs and how do they work?
How to configure VLANs on Cisco
For our example, we will use the following topology:
In the above topology, a computer that is in VLAN 10 will not be able to connect to a computer that is in VLAN 20. So a computer that is in VLAN 10 or VLAN 20 can only connect to other VLANs.
1. We must first enter Terminal Setup mode.
2. To create a VLAN, just type the command “VLAN (how many)” and then if you want to give a name for the VLAN, type “name (name)”.
3. After that we need to enter the interface to the VLAN we want to go to.
4. After entering all the interfaces to its VLAN. To check or verify, we can use the command “do show vlan brief or show vlan brief”
5. After configuring the VLAN on the switch, then enter the IP address of each computer.
6. Finally, you can test the connection on each computer using the PING command at Command Prompt, if one computer is not connected to another VLAN, then we have successfully configured the VLAN on Cisco.
So many articles How to configure VLANs in Cisco Packet Tracer. Looking forward to more interesting articles and don’t forget to share this article with your friends. Thanks…
Hi, I am Azara! At Azara Tech we are passionate about tech and love sharing our knowledge and research with you.
At Azara Tech, we strive to be the ultimate resource for learning everything about technology!