There are many translators on the Internet today. But I was wondering how to draw the line between translator and dictionary. It’s simple, the translator only gives us the meaning of a word or phrase. But the vocabulary is much more informative. It gives us more than meaning. I remember learning English when I was a teenager. It was really amazing to use the Oxford Dictionary. Even if it was amazing to find a word with a hard dictionary, it was also really hard. So I thought about how to create a dictionary with PHP and MySQL. After days of studying the subject, I finally realized that using Wiktionary.org is the best way to create a dictionary using their API. In addition, it does not need any database. Just PHP can create a nice dictionary on our website. This was the basis of this script.
The Wikipedia dictionary is based on the Wikipedia API. It gives you rich vocabulary data on your website or web page. Because the API is based on an http query, this script uses the CURL command to retrieve information from Wikipedia to the JSON array and manipulate this data at the bootstrap-based startup. The script is very easy to understand and easy to edit. Even an ordinary PHP user can handle this script.
- Wikipedia API based, PHP script
- Easy to configure and edit
- A single configuration file to have basic settings and functions
- Search the Wiktionary database
- Overview of pronunciation, noun, notes for use, synonyms, hypernames, related terms, etc.
Diary of changes
- June 1, 2017 : Update Initial release
- 2017-06-02 : Update Some PHP errors corrected for alerts for undefined variables
- 13.06.2017 : Update Unicode problems with search results
Download Link Wiktionary Dictionary – Wikipedia API Based PHP Dictionary Script
Filesize : 140 MB | Passwords: www.azaratech.com
Hi, I am Azara! At Azara Tech we are passionate about tech and love sharing our knowledge and research with you.
At Azara Tech, we strive to be the ultimate resource for learning everything about technology!