Steam is a well-known platform for games and digital distribution. The number of games on Steam is currently estimated at 50,000 and all must be connected to Steam servers before players can access them. Without Steam access, players will not be able to play the game. And an error message will usually appear “Steam is having trouble connecting to Steam serversThis error occurs especially when Steam users try to log in to their accounts and prevent them from accessing any game.
Read also: 6 Ways to Overcome Blocked Content File on Steam
If you’re experiencing a similar issue, you don’t need to worry, as in this post the administrator will provide you with a handy guide that can help you troubleshoot Steam Has Problems connecting to Steam servers.
Error Penyebab Steam has trouble connecting to Steam servers
The following are some of the causes of the error message “Steam is having trouble connecting to Steam servers” on your computer:
- Lack of administrative permit
- UDP protocol
- Internet connection settings are incorrectly configured or corrupt
- Obsolete network adapter drivers
Fortunately, some of the methods below can help you troubleshoot Steam has trouble connecting to Steam servers.
Cara Mengatasi Steam has trouble connecting to Steam servers
Connectivity errors are very common on Steam. Before applying the complicated method, your administrator recommends that you restart your computer first. Minor errors can usually be eliminated by restarting your computer. Refreshes applications running on the system. In fact, it is great for stopping corrupt temporary files.
Read also: 8 ways to overcome Steam can’t open
If the problem persists. You can use the method below to fix the error Steam is having trouble connecting to Steam servers shortly.
1. Check the status of the Steam server
When you have a Steam connection error, the first thing to check is the server. Although Steam server errors are rare, there is nothing wrong with checking them online. Sometimes you may encounter a situation where the server is down, which causes the game to go offline.
For this you can visit the site DownDetector to find out or check the status of the Steam server online.
2. Restart the Wi-Fi router
If you have a bad internet connection, you may have trouble launching Steam. Restarting the Wi-Fi router can help erase its memory and increase Wi-Fi speed. Here’s how to restart your modem and router:
- Unplug the modem (and the router, if the device is separate) from the socket.
- Wait 60 seconds until the modem (and router) cools down.
- Reconnect the network device and wait for the indicator to return to normal.
- Restart the computer.
- Launch Steam and see if the error warning is fixed. If so, then great! If it still appears, please proceed to the next method.
3. Reset WinSock
Winsock is a data catalog that allows computer programs to access the Internet. However, sometimes catalog entries may be incorrect or corrupt, causing network errors. To check if this is the cause of the problem, you can do a reset on Winsock.
- Press the key on the keyboard Windows logo and type cmd. Then right click Prompt order and select Running as administrator.
- In the Administrator Command Prompt window, enter the command reset netsh winsockthen press enter. Then type netsh winhttp reset proxy and press enter.
- Exit the Command Prompt window. Run Steam and see if the server connection error is resolved. If it still appears, please proceed to the next method.
4. Run Steam as administrator
Another way to resolve the Steam error that is having trouble connecting to Steam servers is to let Steam run as an administrator. This gives Steam permission to access system files that are not running properly. To do this, follow the instructions below:
- Right-click the Steam shortcut icon.
- Select property.
- Go to the tab Compatibility and then go to the section settings.
- Select the checkbox “Run this program as an administrator„.
- Click the button apply and then select Good to save changes.
- Open Steam and see if the issue is resolved.
5. Flush DNS Dan Renew IP
In general, your computer will automatically save your IP address and domain name system results to speed up subsequent requests to the same domain. But over time, cached information can become corrupt, outdated, or incorrect, preventing you from connecting to the server. In this case, you need to delete the DNS and renew the IP to make sure that the computer is communicating properly with the host.
- press the button Windows logo and type cmd. Then right click Prompt order and select Running as administrator.
- When you are asked for permission, click Yes to run a command prompt.
- Type ipconfig / flushdns and press enter on your keyboard.
- Then enter the order ipconfig / release and ipconfig / renew one by one on the keyboard.
- Launch Steam, play the game again and see if the connection is good. If an error occurs Steam is having trouble connecting to Steam servers continue though. Use the following method.
6. Ubah Steam Properties
According to some gamers, launching Steam with the TCP protocol instead of the UDP protocol helped them get rid of server errors. So it never hurts to try the following method tips and see if it solves your Steam issues.
- On the keyboard, press the key Ctrl + Shift + Esc simultaneously to open Task Manager.
- Select the Start tab, then right-click each item and click Disable.
- Restart the computer.
- On the desktop, right-click the Steam shortcut icon and click property.
- Click the tab Fast orderthen Aim field, add the command -tcp right at the end. When you’re done, click K.
- Launch Steam and check for the error message Steam is having trouble connecting to Steam servers has been fixed.
7. Enable Steam through Windows Firewall
Windows Firewall is a built-in network security system that filters incoming and outgoing network traffic, allowing / blocking certain traffic based on security rules. You must allow the Steam client to go through the firewall to ensure that the connection is not broken.
Windows Firewall often restricts the operation of gaming platforms. To do this, you can change the Windows Firewall for Steam settings as an exception and experience uninterrupted gaming.
- On the keyboard, press Windows key + R simultaneously to launch the Run dialog box. Then type control firewall.cpl in the box and press enter.
- In the window that appears, click Allow an application or function through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Browse the list of allowed apps and features to see if the Steam launcher is included. If not, click Change settingsclick Allow another application … then follow the on-screen instructions to add the app.
- When you’re done, click Good.
- Run the game on the Steam client and see if it can connect to the server.
Notes: If you have an antivirus application running on your computer, also make sure to temporarily disable it.
8. Reinstall Steam
If none of the above methods can eliminate the error “Steam is having trouble connecting to Steam servers“Then all you have to do is reinstall Steam. This has helped most people in the same situation get rid of the problem and I hope it works for you guys too. Here’s how:
- the press Win + I key launch Settings application.
- Open applications.
- Scroll down the window Applications and features and find Steam.
- Select and click the button UNINSTALLING.
- Follow the instructions to complete the process.
- When the application is completely uninstalled, restart your computer.
- Now, to reinstall Steam on your PC, visit Steam download page. Then click the button INSTALL STEAM.
- Find the downloaded file, double-click it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. You should now be able to access your Steam account and play games smoothly.
So here are some ways to overcome Steam having trouble connecting to Steam servers. We hope that one of the above methods can solve the problem and that you can normally play your favorite games on Steam.
So many articles 8 Cara Mengatasi Steam has trouble connecting to Steam servers. Looking forward to more interesting articles and don’t forget to share this article with your friends. Thanks…
Hi, I am Azara! At Azara Tech we are passionate about tech and love sharing our knowledge and research with you.
At Azara Tech, we strive to be the ultimate resource for learning everything about technology!