make a remote connection (RPC) It is a technology that has been around since the advent of computers and uses inter-process communication techniques. Its main purpose is to enable the client and server to communicate with each other over the network.
If you receive the error message RPC Server Unavailable, it means that your Windows computer is having problems connecting to other devices or devices over the network you are using. But there is no need to worry. As most Windows users can solve it with one of the following solutions.
Read also: 6 ways to get around a faulty hardware malfunction
Since RPC is a different device connection, there are many different modules that may be responsible for causing the error message. wrong message RPC server unavailable It can be run with any of the following:
- One or more services required by RPC are disabled.
- Remote assistance is disabled by the firewall.
- IPV6 or File Printer Sharing is disabled.
- The IP address spoils the RPC server.
- RPC services are disabled through the registry.
1. Make sure the RPC service is running properly
The “RPC Server Unavailable” issue can be caused by the RPC service not working on every connected computer. You can follow the steps below to ensure that all RPC related services are working normally.
- push the button Windows key + R. on the keyboard to open a dialog box Being. then type “services.mscand press Enters .
- on the window ServicesScroll down to find the item DCOM server process operator, remote procedure call (RPC)And the RPC endpoint diagram. Check their status Management And their startup is set to automatic.
2. Enable Remote Desktop / Firewall Help
Firewalls can block traffic requested by RPC and thus cause problems with the RPC server unavailable. You should check your firewall configuration and see if it is blocking RPC network connections. To do this, follow these steps:
- push the button Windows key + R. on the keyboard to open a dialog Being. then type “controland press Enters.
- In Control Panel, search for windows firewall. Then click Allow an application through Windows Firewall under the text Windows Firewall.
- Scroll down to find remote assistance. Make sure to call Enabled (All item boxes must be Verification).
3. Change startup options from selective to normal
Selective startup is a boot method that allows your computer to start with as few items loaded as possible. This is usually done when troubleshooting problems with your computer that may involve other third-party applications. However, every time you boot with Selective Startup, your computer will also not load all of the RPC components on your computer. In this case, you can choose the normal startup and see if this fixes the problem. Here’s how:
- push the button Windows key + R.Writes “msconfigin the dialog box and press Enters.
- after the window system configuration Open, select tab general and select an option Normal startup.
- click Progressing > yes To save the changes and exit.
- You will be asked to restart your computer. Restart immediately using the window that appears and check if the error message is resolved.
4. Enable IPV6 and file and printer sharing for network connectivity
In some cases, you may encounter Error 1722: RPC server unavailable A problem in cases where the network connection is interrupted due to one or more settings. In this case, enabling IPV6 and File and Printer Sharing for the connected network can solve the problem. to do this. Follow next steps:
- push the button Windows key + R. then type “ncpa.cplIn the Run dialog box and press Enter to open the window network connections.
- In the Network Connections window, right-click the network you are currently connected to and press Properties.
- Once you have entered the properties of your network connection, go to the Network tab and scroll down through the list of items.
- You find files and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks And the Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6) Make sure both related boxes are checked.
- click OK to save the changes.
- Restart your computer and see if the issue is resolved.
5. Clear and renew DNS
This solution requires making sure that the services involved in the RPC connection (as described in Solution 1 above) are running before proceeding to flush the DNS and refresh the connection.
If you are sure that the required services are running, follow the instructions below to clear the DNS and refresh the connection.
- Writes Command Prompt In the search bar of the Start menu, then right-click on the most appropriate option and select Run as administrator.
- At the command prompt, type the command “ipconfig/flushdsand press Enters To clear the current IP configuration.
- After the command is executed successfully, type the command “ipconfig /renewand press Enters To update the IP configuration.
- Once the IP is updated, close the command prompt and run the remote commands and see if the issue is resolved.
6. Force RPC Services to start using Registry Editor
You should check the registry settings to ensure that RPC is working properly on your computer. To use Registry Editor to force RPC services to start, do the following:
1. Enter your operating system as boss (Requires registry editing Administrator privileges).
2. Press the button Windows key + R. on the keyboard to open a dialog Being. then type “regeditand press Enters.
3. When the Registry Editor opens, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RpcSs. Check if any item is missing as below picture shows. If so, it is recommended that you reinstall your Windows.
4. If you find remote procedure call (RPC) It is not set correctly when you try the first method, you can adjust beginning Registration key in RpcSs. Double click beginning to edit the value. Designation value data Become 2.
5. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DcomLaunch. I found DCOM Server Process Trigger Not set correctly, double-click the button start registry key to edit the value. Designation value data Become 2.
6. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RpcEptMapper. If you ever found Settings RPC endpoint diagram Incorrect, double-click beginning Registry key to edit its value. Once again, group value data Become 2.
These are some ways to solve rpc server unavailable. We hope that one of the above methods will solve the problem you are experiencing. But if you have probably tried all the above methods, and you still get the error “Rpc server is unavailable”. In this case, the administrator advises you Restore your system to the latest restore point or Reinstall Windows on your computer. You can also contact the device manufacturer for further assistance.
Lots of articles 6 ways to bypass an unavailable RPC server. Look forward to other interesting articles and don’t forget to share this article with your friends. Thank you…
Hi, I am Azara! At Azara Tech we are passionate about tech and love sharing our knowledge and research with you.
At Azara Tech, we strive to be the ultimate resource for learning everything about technology!