Is your computer receiving the error message A defective hardware page is damaged. This is a fatal error that can happen without warning. But don’t worry, there are many solutions that you can use to solve the corrupted page error in the faulty device.
The blue screen of death, technically known as stop error, is awful for Windows users. This can cause your computer to crash without warning, or to lose important files, or other data during the process. Faulty device damaged page An error is one of the serious errors that can occur without warning.
Read also: 5 Ways to Overcome Corrupted and Unreadable Disk Structure
What is the hardware damaged page error?
The faulty hardware page fault (Windows stop code 0x0000012B) covers many different hardware issues, but is indicative of a single-bit error. Single-bit errors occur when a single bit (a minute part of the data) is incorrectly changed during data transmission. Although it may seem like a minor issue, the result can be your system hardware malfunctions, resulting in a corrupted stop page code in the device.
There are actually several fixes available for the corrupted stop page code for the faulty device. But the Windows stop code 0x000000012B can indicate a failure of your system hardware. In particular, stop codes are often associated with faulty RAM. You can check your RAM and other hardware issues with this fix for the damaged page stop code of the faulty hardware.
Here are some of the reasons that can cause a faulty device corrupted error:
- Incomplete installation or uninstallation of some programs/applications.
- Viruses and malware that infect computers and cause system damage or related program files.
- Blue screen of death during Windows 10 update.
- Outdated or corrupt device drivers are incorrectly configured, such as HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc. Or, the driver conflicts after installing a new device.
- The Windows registry has been corrupted due to recent software changes.
- Deleted system files or corrupted system files.
- Corrupted hard disk sectors, damaged or corrupted hard disk.
- There are PC components that are not installed correctly, such as random access memory (RAM) or graphics processing unit (GPU).
How to fix a faulty hardware defective page fault
1. Restart your computer
If you haven’t done so already, restart your computer. Although it’s fun to hear, a lot of issues can actually be fixed. Before delving into further fixes, restart your computer and see if that solves the problem.
2. Reinstall devices
Since the faulty hardware page fault is related to your system hardware, the general fix is to repair your system hardware. If your system accidentally crashes, your RAM or graphics card may get out of position.
Therefore, you should go to your computer or laptop case to reinstall the device and make sure that all the components in the computer case are installed correctly. Be aware that this will void the manufacturer’s warranty in some cases, so proceed with caution.
3. Run SFC
A damaged device stop page code can indicate a problem with the system files. Windows System File Check (SFC) is an all-in-one Windows system tool that you use to check for errors in Windows installation files.
Before running the SFC command, you need to check if it is fully working. You don’t want SFC to miss an error because it’s not working properly. To do this, you can use DISMEImage publishing and management tools.
Like SFC, DISM is an integrated Windows utility with multiple functions. In this case, the DISM Restorehealth command ensures that the following repair will work properly. Perform the following steps to do so.
- Writes Command Prompt (Administrator) in the Start menu search bar, then right-click and choose Run as administrator To open a command prompt with administrator privileges.
- Type the following command and press Enter: DISM / online / image cleaning / health recovery
- Wait until it’s over. The process can take up to 20 minutes, depending on your system error. The process sometimes seems to crash, but wait for it to finish.
- When the process is complete, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
4. Run CHKDSK
Like SFC, CHKDSK is a Windows tool that you can use to check your Windows 10 file system. The difference is that CHKDSK scans the entire drive for errors, while SFC specifically scans Windows system files.
Follow the steps below to use a CHKDSK scan that can find the problem and fix your device.
- Writes Command Prompt In the search bar of the Start menu, then right-click on the most appropriate option and select Run as administrator. (or press the . button Windows + X then select Command Prompt (Administrator) from the list.)
- Next, type chkdsk / p and press Enter. The command will scan your system for errors and fix any issues along the way.
5. Check the driver
Sometimes, new Windows drivers interfere with your hardware and cause errors. Windows 10 now handles most driver updates, so a faulty driver can cause a huge amount of trouble.
You can see a list of the latest Windows driver updates on the Update and Security settings page.
push the button Windows + I To open the Settings panel, then select Update & Security > Offer optional update. You can find any driver updates here.
Now type device manager In the search bar in the Start menu and select the most appropriate. Go down the list and check the error codes. If it is not present, it is possible that the condition of your driver is not the source of the problem.
There are actually many applications that allow you to update all system drivers at the same time without having to search for them manually. Examples such as driver booster.
6. Check your RAM using MemTest86
The Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool is a Windows system tool that you can use to analyze errors in your RAM. However, it is not the best option for the job. You can use MemTest86, a free memory testing tool for x86 devices.
You can run MemTest86 from a USB flash drive (or bootable disk) and leave it to check the system RAM. MemTest86 took some time to complete its work. To fully evaluate the RAM, you need to run at least two passes. Since a single pass can take hours, the parsing process may take some time. However, MemTest86 will detect serious RAM issues during the process, so it is worth the wait.
Go to page Download MemTest86 and download the image to create a bootable CD (ISO format). Next, you need to write the MemTest86 ISO to the USB flash drive.
Download the tool, copy MemTest86 to a USB flash drive, then shutdown your system. Now, restart your system while pressing the Boot Selection menu key (usually F10, F11, DEL or ESC), then select the bootable MemTest86 USB flash drive. The memory test will start automatically.
So these are some of the ways to solve the damaged page in faulty devices. Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) is quite annoying to many Windows users, but it can all be solved with some right workarounds and steps. So make sure to run all the above solutions in sequential order.
Lots of articles 6 ways to overcome faulty hardware malfunction. Look forward to other interesting articles and don’t forget to share this article with your friends. Thank you…
Hi, I am Azara! At Azara Tech we are passionate about tech and love sharing our knowledge and research with you.
At Azara Tech, we strive to be the ultimate resource for learning everything about technology!